Volunteers at 1st WAY help in a variety of ways. Some help sort and clean donated clothing for clients and their children. Some meet mothers and fathers during office hours and distribute diapers and clothing, lead training sessions, or lend a caring ear. Some help with fund-raisers or write thank-you notes. Some clean and empty the trash. Some volunteers help out at the Mom’s Group Wednesday nights. Some help with book-keeping or lend their computer skills. All our volunteers come with the following pre-requisites:
- A commitment to the 1st Way Philosophy;
- Freedom from bias and prejudice;
- Common sense and understanding under stress;
- The ability to listen and observe;
- A desire to communicate well;
- A willingness to be informed about current issues.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please call 815-385-2999 or fill out the following form and we will set up a meeting.
Please rest assured, your information is confidential. It will not be given, distributed, or shared with anyone outside of 1st WAY.